Supporting our community through charitable donations.
Since 1955, McGuckin Hardware has taken great pride in being an integral part of the community by demonstrating leadership in corporate citizenship and contributions to the community. McGuckin Hardware continues to develop, build and sustain local relationships, because we believe that a healthy community is important to all of us.
We are committed to supporting high impact initiatives and organizations, developing visionary leaders now and for the coming generations, and providing what we can to build strong, diverse communities for the future. McGuckin Hardware strives to make an impact in the communities and organizations from which our families, neighbors and customers can benefit. Working in partnership with community leaders, McGuckin Hardware addresses pressing social, economic, and cultural needs of these communities.
McGuckin Hardware is pleased to have the opportunity to become part of your upcoming event / program. We appreciate your continued interest and support of our brand. We recognize the importance of all charities and support many nonprofit agencies and community programs throughout the area. The following information will explain our procedures and guidelines regarding donations and sponsorships. These procedures and guidelines are designed to assist you with your requests, specifically as it relates to McGuckin Hardware’s potential involvement with your 501(c)(3) organizations. We will do our best to accommodate as many charitable requests as possible.
All donation requests must be submitted online using the donation request form located on this page.
We do not provide charitable donations for the following purposes:
- Individual or private pursuits
- Organizations without 501(c)(3) status
- Third-party organizations raising funds for charity
- Political parties, associations and representatives of advocacy groups
- Organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion or national origin, disability or veteran status
- Religious organizations, churches and programs that are purely denominational in purpose. We do, however, consider contributing to projects that are open to all faiths and benefitting the entire community
- Research projects
- Advertising and promotion
- Team sponsorships
- Individual teams
- Private or family foundations
In order to process requested donations, we require:
- That the applying organizations hold 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status. In addition, Boulder-County based organizations will receive more consideration than organizations outside the county. Because we are a local store that was raised by our community, Boulder County ventures are where we tend to reciprocate our investments.
- 6 to 8 weeks of notice prior to the date you need the donation. Because Boulder County ranks first in non-profits per capita, we process a large amount of requests at any given time. If we need to place a special order to fill the request, this timeframe is necessary for the delivery of products.
- Publicizing of McGuckin Hardware’s involvement. Recognition of McGuckin Hardware’s contribution is required via the channels your organization uses to communicate to the public (social media posts, enewsletter mentions, signage at events, etc).
- Documentation from the qualified organization (printed on the organization’s official letterhead) acknowledging the donation’s retail value and sent to McGuckin Hardware via mail or email (attn: Marketing Department, or firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you understand and can agree to and abide by the information above on behalf of the organization making the request for donation, please complete our online form.
McGuckin Hardware reserves the right to deny any donation request. All donations are at the discretion of McGuckin Hardware. Revised 07/2019.